To measure full pipe liquid flows, Ultraflux proposes two types of device: fixed flow meters and portable flow meters all operating with ultrasonic transit time difference technology.
Reminder: a full pipe is either a pressurized pipe or a pipe, usually circular or oval, completely filled by a fluid (liquid or gas).
NB: we shall only deal here with measurements on full pipes containing liquids.
Ultrasound fixed flow meters
Our flow meters provide an accurate and cost effective solution to instantaneous and total liquid flow measurement in full pipes and meet most industrial requirements.
Their advantages include:
- possible utilisation with clamp-on probes (no load loss or process rupture),
- wide dynamic measuring range,
- multi chord measurement (up to eight simultaneous speed measurements),
- multi pipe measurement (up to eight different pipes),
- device standardisation regardless of the diameter,
- operation on non conducting fluid (sea water, hydrocarbon, etc.).
Ultrasound portable flow meters
Our portable flow meters are easy to use and very user friendly. They allow immediate measurement on all types of pipes and liquid fluids. They are associated with our probes which as standard cover a wide dynamic range of diameters from DN 6 to DN 10000 mm.
Some models have advanced functions: programmable ON/OFF, heat output calculation, thickness measurement, analogue input, ultrasound echo visualisation, recorder and software including an Excel macro, etc.
These light and compact converters enable you to carry out your control and maintenance operations with ease, including:
- network management and counting,
- verification of flow meters in situation,
- process control,
- flow measurement and thermal balance, etc.