SPECIFIC APPLICATIONS IN FLOW METERING
We have a long list of realizations, here are 3 examples :
1) Flow measurements in nuclear power station (CNPE) :
- After having analysed the reliability, the installation constraints of our instruments and having verified our capacity to ensure the servicing, EDF has chosen our flowmeters for the SEC circuits in its 1300MW and 900 MW power plants.
- In spite of some difficulties linked to the application, we have always found a solution thanks to intrusive or external probes for this " security " measure.
- The age of some stations get the better of numerous Ultraflux flowmeters, as old as the construction. The use of external ultrasonic probes avoided the taking down costs and brought the waited service.
2) Over speed measurement or line balance in dangerous area :
These applications illustrates the proverb " prevention is better than cure ". In that way, our flowmeters Minisonic are adapted to supervise the pipes in hydroelectric stations. We equip with external probes and often in a not very accessible environment, pipes from 400 to 2000mm diameter caracterised by fast flow speed. (5m/s)
3) Measurement in hydraulic high pressure pipes :
The insensibility of probes to pressure, to breaking risks, to great speeds was a decisive asset for SOLLAC, CLECIM and others, for measurements on rolling mills, smelting furnace... The pipes go from ½'' to 2'', and it is important to control flow, often in laminar regime but this is our work…