Minisonic PSD (Pig * Sphere Detector) permits the detection of the passage of spheres and pigs in a pipeline.
This detection is made by the analysis of the acoustic signal.
An external probe is used for liquids and an intrusive probe for gas.
* a Pig is scrapper or a separating sphere
* Detection in a pipeline and counting of the passages of spheres which separate the fluids for the monitoring of oil products or gas transportation and for the detection of products changes.
All pipe diameter from 4 " to 60"
Programmable celerity range : 500 to 2000 m/s
Wide range of measurable fluids
* Pig and sphere detector, even at high velocity
* Detection of sphere even if joined
* Detection independant of the flow direction
* The probe can be burried
* Easy installation without cutting the pipe
* No servicing
* No pressure drop
* No moving parts
* No constraint of right length or of probe place
* Fast response time
* No recalibration
* Cost independant of the pipe diameter