WORLD RECORD in South Africa
In the non intrusive applications, ULTRAFLUX takes up new challenges. Our last word record has been carried out in South Africa with a flow measurement through CLAMP-ON probes on a 7.4 m diameter water penstock pipe. Our "dry-calibration" method allows us to estimate a better than 1% accuracy.
Brazil/Paraguay:100 points of measurement on the biggest hydroelectrical powerplant in the world:
Ultraflux won the market of flow measurement on the cooling system of 20 turbines on the biggest hydroelectrical power plant in the world.
Built between Brazil and the Paraguay its capacity of 14000MW is higher than the Three Gorges Dam in China and provides 89% of the electricity in Paraguay and 25% in Brazil. A maximum of 62 200 m³/s can go through this work of art. 20 turbines can manage 700 m³/s each one of them has a cooling system which needs high surveillance.
100 of our Minisonic have been installed in order to manage the flow which goes through the cooling system. The pipe diameter goes from 40mm to 460mm, external probes have been used, enabling easy installation (no drilling or pressure drop). The accuracy of those flow meters, proven by an independent laboratory varies between 0,5% and 1%, repeatability is of 0,1%.
Our flow meters have been used to replace padlle type flow meters. In case of excessive flow speed padlles brake and might damage the turbines: using our non intrusive ultrasonic measurement is far more secure .
Paris,Bangkok, Bombay, Bogota, Santiago of Chile, Seoul etc...
The modern tendancy gives external probes more than their due as they have made progress. However we must not disown intrusive probes, guarantee of the signal keeping and above all necessary to the counting of great accuracy in multichord technology.
Some networks are made of pipes with cement coating, indeed in abestos cement. The appropriateness of external probes permits simple and reliable installations.
As far as our intrusive probes, they are installed in many important towns, in factories or drinking water networks, on diameters from 500 to 3500 mm : CGE, Vivendi, Sedif, Lyonnaise des eaux, Sagep-Paris...but also Bangkok, Bombay, Bogota, Santiago of Chile, Seoul... The installation and servicing have never required any break in the operation.
The most efficient and accurate countings (0.25%) have been obtained by the installation of multichords system (4 chords in according to Gauss-Jacobi modelling) in the SEDIF/CGE factories exit.
A measurement by 6 chords has been realized UNDER PRESSURE with the participation of the SAGEP on one of the main water pipes for Paris (Diameter : 2500mm). The measurement accuracy is between 0.3 and 0.5%. Isn’t it an excellent proof of our "dry-calibration" quality and liability ?
INDUSTRIAL, CHEMICAL, PETROCHEMICAL, PHARMACEUTICAL,
In spite of an active, rich and successful rivalry and competition, all measurements principles taken
into account, the ultrasonic technology is the only one which offers the non intrusion and permits the installation at any moment.
At the anthology of our realisations, some are more important :
- the measurement of ultrapure water flow, for example in the working-out process of semiconductors. The aggression of this kind of water and its non-conductivity do not matter much to ultrasounds. IBM for example has on its Corbeil-Essonnes setting more than 100 installations. We can also name ST-Micro electronic, Air Liquid...as examples.
- The measurement of circulatory flows around the polymerization reactors (petrochemistry) or of complex molecules working out (pharmaceutical industry) has often prefered our flowmeters because they are more simple and less expansive than mass flowmeters of Coriolis type.
- For the measurement of aggressive chemical products, the ultrasonic measurement preserves internal coating and does not create dead zones.
- In the food-processing industry, we only treat applications on liquids (water, milk, fruit juice) in bottling factories of mineral water. (Saint Amand, Evian...)
- All these settings are favourite area for our portable flowmeters.
- Among our notables references, we must not forget those linked to the respect for environment with the samples monitoring and water resources survey and the purification of waste water before discharge